Friday, September 23, 2005

The Alpha and Omega of Star Wars: Charlie Ross


In 1977, I was adopted in April... and in few short months my parents would take me to my first movie: Star Wars. Last night at the TKTS booth, my parents bought my last Star Wars ticket: Charlie Ross' One-Man Star Wars Trilogy.

It was good fun, worth its discounted price and on par with downtown fare. Though there is a bit of feeling you're watching your nephew/cousin perform in the den, he does some things amazingly well (R2D2's whistles) and some subtly inserted commentary on the prequel trilogy.

It's amazing how much of the movie you project as you watch him, and you forget for a moment how bad Lucas' dialog is since Ross makes them so much fun. I was sad some great lines didn't make it ("I sense a great disturbance in the Force"," and "These aren't the droids you're looking for") But it made for a great hour of nostalgia. Bonuses were getting my picture taken with a storm trooper and the many life-size cardboard cut outs in the lobby... (mmm... Carrie Fisher as Leia)

It runs through December, full price tickets are $40, but TKTS had them for $23 including the service charge.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home