Wednesday, September 07, 2005

And Kanye West Hates George W. Bush [Updated]

During Book Swap on Sunday, we played the clip of Mike Meyers and Kanye West, where, visibly shaken, West blurts, "George Bush doesn’t care about black people." God bless those who speak their minds, and God bless live television. NBC later deleated the clip... so God bless the interweb.

I'll admit it, I really missed the Kanye boat, but after this weekend, I've been checking out his jams, and I'm hooked. Yeah, there's some misogyny, but there's Mos Def, Talib Kweli, a huge Gil Scott-Heron sample and more. I got the new album off of iTunes, I'm glad to toss him some support, and I'm amped that the cuts are sharp.

[Update: Here's Soundcheck's podcast on Kanye]

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sam Teigen said...

I know this was a kinda cheeky comment, but Soundcheck just posted a podcast on Kanye at http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=75643495&s=143441&i=838349

Monday, 12 September, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home