Tuesday, May 31, 2005

A trailer for a posting to come

It's not lost on me that I haven't posted for quite some time, but the thought I have is unclear. To put it shortly, reading The Gospel According to Jesus Christ has got me thinking a lot of guilt, penance and salvation. It started with a more careful understanding of how Passover, Christmas and Easter are three versions of the same tale.

Then I mixed in some thoughts of the play, the Last Days of Judas Iscariot by Stephen Adly Guirgus, and Mel Gibson's Passion of the Christ, so any way, there's a lot of theology swirling in my head, and I hope to get something down with out sprawling all over the page.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve said...

Sounds like something that some good old fashion drinking should clear up, Sam!

I found this neat entry in Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guilt

"Christianity and Islam inherit most notions of guilt from Judaism, Persian and Roman ideas, mostly as interpreted through Augustine who adapted Plato's ideas to Christianity. The Latin word for guilt is culpa, a word sometimes seen in law literature, e.g. in "mea culpa", "I take responsibility". The Latin word for authority assumes a high degree of responsibility, the English word "province" being a close equivalent."

Here is another less secular probing:

http://www.christianaction.org.za/articles_ca/2005-1-GuiltManipulation.htm

Love to see what you come up with for Passover=Christmas=Easter.

Cheers,
Steve L

Wednesday, 01 June, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home