Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Immigration and Big Airplanes

I suppose I should make a week of it....

Mom reminded me that April 3rd marked my 25th anniversary of becoming a US citizen. The ceremony was on Friday, but my folks threw a party for my brother Andrew and me on the following Sunday, the 5th.

She remembers, "it was important to you and Andy that you go to your soccer games AND Dad and I thought you should go too." Our coach and some friends were in charge of shuttling us between our games and the party. In 1981, I was six and change. I don't remember the party so much, but there are several photographs from that day that I remember. My uncle Dan came down from Gaylord, and we had our citizenship certificates on display.

When Mom and Bonnie visited me in 1999, I took them to De La Guarda. One of the troupe captains was the son of the judge who presided over citizenship ceremony.

In addition, April 8, 1977 is my Big Airplane Day... I think you can figure that part out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home